[Spambayes] Spambayes / Outlook -- display/update error

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Fri Oct 1 02:57:01 CEST 2004

> In non-cached mode, all status information comes from
> the Exchange server. There has been some speculation
> that SP2 may be blocking some notification messages from
> the Exchange server that would normally tell Outlook
> that it should refresh its display.

I'm not convinced that this is the cause (or if it is, I believe there is
also another one) because I have occasionally seen this problem here, and I
am not using SP2.

My suspicion is that it is Exchange's fault.  Either Exchange is getting too
busy, or it's the result of some minor update to Exchange (I don't have any
contact with my Exchange administrators, so have no idea when they install
updates).

It is very difficult to think of anything that SpamBayes can do to help,
though.

=Tony Meyer

---