[Spambayes] Spambayes Qpopper question

Eric DuMond edumond at ddci.net
Tue Oct 5 15:24:56 CEST 2004

Hello and thanks in advance,

I am running Fedora Core 2(Linux) on a Dell PE 400SC with Spambayes version
1.0rc1. This box is checking mail on a Sun Ultra 10 running Solaris 9 and
Qpopper version 4.0.5. Here is my problem.

Sometimes (not always) when my email cleint (Eudora 6.1.2 or Outlook
Express 6) checks mail from the Spambayes proxy the client gets hung up.
When I tell the email client to bypass the Spambyes proxy it picks up mail
just fine. When I look at /var/log/maillog for Qpopper (On the Ultra 10) I
see that I am getting a "I/O error flushing output to client" message and
it references the Spambayes proxy. Has anyone encountered this problem before?

Thank you again and sorry for the lengthy description,

Eric DuMond