[Spambayes] IMAP script problem

Hans Henderson hanshenderson at csloxinfo.com
Thu Oct 7 10:07:19 CEST 2004

Running on XP SP2, as long as only training is done, no problem.

When the inbox starts getting some incoming messages, several seem to get
duplicated, and some of these even get marked for deletion, but nothing
ever gets copied to the spam dump or unsure folders.

But usually it doesn't even get this far, I don't know if it's when there
are just more than a few messages to classify, or if it's a particular type
or size of message, but spambayes seems to just quit.

Please note I'm a user, not a programmer, some Win sysadmin background but
a raw newbie to both Spambayes and Python.

Here's a screenscrape (I've cleaned up some linebreaks, hope I left the
syntax intact enough:

SpamBayes IMAP Filter Version 0.4 (May 2004)
and engine SpamBayes Engine Version 0.3 (January 2004).

D:\Data\SpamBa
yes\hammie.db database
D:\Data\SpamBayes\hammie.db is an existing database, with 117 spam and 32
ham
 Done.
Training
   Training ham folder SBT_ham
       0 trained.
   Training spam folder SBT_spam
       0 trained.
Training took 0.0160 seconds, 0 messages were trained
Classifying
*.Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\SpamBayes\scripts\sb_imapfilter.py", line 928, in
? run()
  File "C:\Program Files\SpamBayes\scripts\sb_imapfilter.py", line 918, in
run imap_filter.Filter()
  File "C:\Program Files\SpamBayes\scripts\sb_imapfilter.py", line 789, in
Filter self.unsure_folder)
  File "C:\Program Files\SpamBayes\scripts\sb_imapfilter.py", line 707, in
Filter evidence=True)
  File "C:\Program
Files\Python23\Lib\site-packages\spambayes\classifier.py", line 190, in
chi2_spamprobclues = self._getclues(wordstream)
  File "C:\Program
Files\Python23\Lib\site-packages\spambayes\classifier.py", line 493, in
_getcluestup = self._worddistanceget(word)
  File "C:\Program
Files\Python23\Lib\site-packages\spambayes\classifier.py", line 508, in
_worddistancegetprob = self.probability(record)
  File "C:\Program
Files\Python23\Lib\site-packages\spambayes\classifier.py", line 308, in
probabilityassert hamcount <= nham
AssertionError