[Spambayes] Win32 Command Line

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Thu Oct 7 23:01:35 CEST 2004

Tony,

Thanks for the read.  Most of the material is for *nix in that link.  I
spent a considerable amount of the afternoon trying to make everything work
from the command line.  After making every conceivable newbie error in the
book, I did manage to make it do something.  Eventually, I tried to use
sb_mboxtrain.py, and then encountered an error that I think is a killer...
ImportError: No module named fcntl

I did some research on the web and it seems that the module isn't available
on Windows... Ut oh!  If I could use the database created by my Outlook
plugin then I'd be ok, but I don't think that'd work.

sp_filter.py doesn't throw that error, but doesn't seem to work quite right
either.  I have a known spam on my disk called spam1.mai and I've tried the
following:

sb_filter.py | type spam1.mai

Error: bsddb._db.DBNoSuchFileError: (2, 'No such file or directory')

I'm sure it has something to do with the configuration, but I don't know
where to start... I've followed (I hope) all the install instructions.

Is there a step-by-step reference specifically for Windows command line
training and scoring?  If not I'll happily write one at the end of this
tirade.

Thoughts?

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer