[Spambayes] Suggestion

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 22:51:46 CEST 2004

[gorukr at pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca]
> Hi there....great software!! Wondering if Spambayes can be turned off under
> certain conditions. I occasionally need to access our network and e-mail
> through a dial-up connection to send or receive an e-mail or two. This
> connection is sometimes very slow, 28.8 and slower. Spambayes starts
> immediately when Outlook opens....

Here I'm guessing you're using the Outlook addin.  If so, click on
SpamBayes, then SpamBayes Manager, then remove the check mark from the
"Enable SpamBayes" box and click Close.

> while it is working it is a slow process to send and/or receive e-mail over 28.8.

SB doesn't have anything to do with *sending* email, so disabling SB
won't speed that part.

> It would be great to have an option of stopping (temporarily) Spambayes until
> one could get to a fast network connection.

As above.  You re-enable SpamBayes via the same procedure (restore the
check mark on the "Enable SpamBayes" box).  If you then close and
reopen Outlook, SpamBayes will automatically scan your Inbox and
classify messages it missed while it was disabled.