[Spambayes] RE: Spambayes stopped working

Randy Parker Randy.Parker at louiscompanies.com
Tue Oct 12 17:12:23 CEST 2004

I have the same problem and a couple coworkers do as well. One thing we
may have in common is that at our company we had older pre-1.0 versions
installed and then installed new versions. The older versions worked
perfectly. Perhaps we didn't upgrade properly. Here is my most recent
log file.

Warning: option experimental_ham_spam_imbalance_adjustment in section
Classifier is deprecated
Loaded bayes database from 'C:\Documents and Settings\Randy\Application
Data\SpamBayes\default_bayes_database.db'
Loaded message database from 'C:\Documents and
Settings\Randy\Application Data\SpamBayes\default_message_database.db'
Bayes database initialized with 977 spam and 1561 good messages
SpamBayes Outlook Addin Binary Version 1.0 (July 2004) starting (with
engine SpamBayes Engine Version 0.3 (January 2004))
on Windows 5.1.2600 (Service Pack 1)
using Python 2.3.3 (#51, Dec 18 2003, 20:22:39) [MSC v.1200 32 bit
(Intel)]
NOTE: Skipping folder for this session - temporarily unavailable
NOTE: Skipping folder for this session - temporarily unavailable
NOTE: Skipping folder for this session - temporarily unavailable
NOTE: Skipping folder for this session - temporarily unavailable
FAILED to add the toolbar item 'SpamBayesCommand.Manager' -
(-2147352567, 'Exception occurred.', (0, None, None, None, 0,
-2147467259), None)
The above toolbar message is common - recreating the toolbar...
Saving configuration -> C:\Documents and Settings\Randy\Application
Data\SpamBayes\Randy Parker.ini
SpamBayes: Watching (for filtering) in 'Mailbox - Randy Parker/Inbox'
SpamBayes: Watching (for incremental training) in 'Mailbox - Randy
Parker/Junk E-Mail'
SpamBayes - Disconnecting from Outlook
SpamBayes has processed zero messages
Addin terminating: 2 COM client and 2 COM servers exist.

Thank you,
Randy Parker
IS Services Representative
(817) 695-7210
randy.parker at louiscompanies.com
http://www.louiscompanies.com

>[It doesn't appear that this messages to spambayes at python.org
yet - sorry about that! I've been away and so are catching up with the
messages. Please ignore if I'm wrong and this has been resolved
already.]

> spambayes has stopped working on all of my machines. > No error
messages, it appears per normal. It simply > stopped working. I tried
both version 1.02 and 1.09 > and they simply seem to have shutdown. > I
am running XP, (home and pro), and Outlook. Previously, > Spambayes
worked like gangbusters. > Is there a virus or something that is
disabling spambayes? > Have you had other instances of this problem? I
even > uninstalled and re-installed both versions several times. > No
go.