FW: [Spambayes] Merging db files continued

Lance S. Rawson lrawson at conception.edu
Wed Oct 13 17:30:35 CEST 2004

Thanks for all of your help.

Lance

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Meyer [mailto:tameyer at ihug.co.nz]
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2004 6:02 PM
To: Lance S. Rawson; spambayes at python.org
Subject: RE: [Spambayes] Merging db files continued

> I installed Python and I have a copy of the 1.0 Spambayes source.  I
> am lost on the third step though.  I went to the command window for in
> Windows XP Professional SP2 but I can not use the run command.

You need to navigate to the folder that you expanded the SpamBayes source
into.  You do this with the "cd" command.  For example, if you expanded the
files into "C:\Program Files\SpamBayesSource", you would type:

  cd "C:\Program Files\SpamBayesSource"

Then type the commands inside the quotes (but not including the quotes) in
steps (a) through (d) below.

 (a) "scripts\sb_dbexpimp.py -e -d abayes.db -f abayes.export"
 (b) "scripts\sb_dbexpimp.py -e -d bbayes.db -f bbayes.export"
 (c) "scripts\sb_dbexpimp.py -i -d newbayes.db -f abayes.export"
 (d) "scripts\sb_dbexpimp.py -i -m -d newbayes.db -f bbayes.export"

You'll need to replace the various filenames with the names of the files you
have (e.g. default_bayes_database.db).

> Python will require some learning because I have never
> done any programming before.

You don't need to do any programming, just be able to use command-line
scripts (like back in the days before Windows).

=Tony Meyer

---