[Spambayes] Need assistance. Trying to make an Outlook binary install from source.

DUI-DWI brown at dui-dwi.com
Wed Oct 13 19:17:44 CEST 2004

I have done the following steps that are in the wiki on how to do this:

1) Get SpamBayes source from cvs (Updated this morning)

2) Install Python (2.3.4)

3) Install the Python Win32 extensions (pywin32-203.win32-py2.3.exe)

4) Install McMillan Installer (latest version) or py2exe
(py2exe-0.5.3.win32-py2.3.exe)

5) Install InnoSetup (isetup-4.2.7.exe)

6) The required scripts are in the Outlook2000/Installer directory, or
windows/py2exe directory.

This is where I'm stuck however.  The readme in the Outlook2000/Installer
directory says to execute the following to create the 'dist' and
'build_spambayes' directories:

{Installer}\Build.py spambayes_addin.spec

I'm new to Python and I have no idea how to perform this last step.  I don't
even know if my SpamBayes source directory is set to path in Python.

Webmaster