[Spambayes] Win32 Command Line

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Oct 14 22:39:23 CEST 2004

> With sb_server running, does sb_filter use the database
> that's already in memory or does it load it off disk, parse
> it, run the algorithm against the passed message, and then
> unload?  Is that how sb_filter works in the current configuration?

Opps.  Sorry, I should have thought more before I wrote that (early in the
morning here).  You're right, sb_filter would still load up the database
that's still in memory.

So the two options would be modifying sb_upload to also classify or creating
Windows versions of sb_bnfilter/sb_bnserver.  The former would be much
simpler and avoid duplicating work, but the latter might be slightly faster
(I'm not sure, though).

> > Have a think about what you'd like, and I'm happy to help out
> > with coding (as my time allows).
>
> Careful, I may take you up on that.  :->

It seems like something that could possibly be of general use, so I wouldn't
particularly mind.  It also shouldn't be that complicated (unlike the
filters, proxies & plug-ins).

=Tony Meyer

---