[Spambayes] Problem with install

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Oct 21 05:26:35 CEST 2004

> Yes I did install as the same user. I tried installing five
> times thinking it was something I was doing wrong. Each time
> the result was the same. Here are the log files, there was only one.

 *  Check that Outlook shows the addin as enabled.

  1. Start Outlook, and select Tools->Options to display the main Options
dialog.

  2. Select the tab labelled Other, then click on the Advanced button.

  3. Click on the COM Add-Ins button.

  4. If the SpamBayes addin is not listed, then SpamBayes should be
reinstalled

  5. If the SpamBayes addin is listed but not checked, then check it and
close the dialog.

 *  You may find that if you go back to the dialog, the addin will still be
unselected.  In this case, perform the following:

  1. Go to Help->About Microsoft Outlook.

  2. Click the Disabled Items button.

  3. Select SpamBayes.

  4. Click Enable.

  5. Restart Outlook.

If it's not listed at all, then something very odd is happening, since the
log file indicated that it was registered...

=Tony Meyer

---