[Spambayes] Problems

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Fri Oct 29 02:03:15 CEST 2004

> The problem that we are having is when you click to
> recover an email from spam, out of the Junk Suspects
> folder, it takes AT LEAST 15 seconds for the email to
> show up in the inbox. It did not use to do this.

How many messages are in your database?  (The SpamBayes Manager dialog shows
this).

If you move a message manually (e.g. drag and drop), is it quick?  If so,
then it's the training that's taking a long time (which is the mostly likely
explanation).

You could try renaming the database files ("Show Data Directory" on the
Advanced tab of the Manager dialog will show you them - they are
default_bayes_database.db and default_message_database.db), and retraining,
and see if that fixes the problem.  If it does, we would be interested to
know, as there have been a couple of other 'slow training' reports recently,
which indicates that there might be a problem to fix.