[Spambayes] Installation Question

Joseph Brown B17G1AD at comcast.net
Sat Oct 30 17:45:41 CEST 2004

Answers  to questions are at **

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Meyer [mailto:tameyer at ihug.co.nz]
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2004 12:03 AM
To: B17G1AD at comcast.net; spambayes at python.org
Subject: RE: [Spambayes] Installation Question

> I downloaded and ran the installation program, but
> nothing seems to happen.

Did the installer run through to completion without any errors?

> The wizard didn't start when I opened Outlook, I can't
> find any icons, nor can I find anything in the
> "Programs" file.  What's happening?

It sounds like it wasn't installed.  If you look in C:\Program Files, is
there a SpamBayes folder there?

**Yes.  Contains 3 folders: bin; docs; lib.  Also contains license, icon,
uninstaller, dat file, and Spambayes-1.Orc2

If you look in your temp folder (probably
C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Local Settings\temp) is there a
Spambayes1.log file there?  (If there is, then the contents of this could
help us figure out what is happening).

**Yes, actually there are 4.  The first 2 say "registration complete"; the
4th says:
"Loaded bayes database from 'C:\Documents and Settings\Papa\Application
Data\SpamBayes\default_bayes_database.db'
Loaded message database from 'C:\Documents and Settings\Papa\Application
Data\SpamBayes\default_message_database.db'
Bayes database initialized with 1 spam and 11 good messages
SpamBayes Outlook Addin Binary Version 1.0rc2 (June 2004) starting (with
engine SpamBayes Engine Version 0.3 (January 2004))
on Windows 5.1.2600 (Service Pack 2)
using Python 2.3.3 (#51, Feb 13 2004, 14:39:56) [MSC v.1200 32 bit (Intel)]
SpamBayes: Watching (for filtering) in 'Personal Folders/Inbox'
SpamBayes: Watching (for filtering) in 'Hotmail/Inbox'
SpamBayes: Watching (for incremental training) in 'Personal Folders/Junk
E-Mail'
Processing missed spam in folder 'Inbox' by starting a timer
Processing missed spam in folder 'Inbox' by starting a timer
FAILED to add the toolbar item 'SpamBayesCommand.Manager' - (-2147352567,
'Exception occurred.', (0, None, None, None, 0, -2147467259), None)
The above toolbar message is common - recreating the toolbar...
SpamBayes - Disconnecting from Outlook
SpamBayes has processed zero messages
Addin terminating: 2 COM client and 2 COM servers exist."

=Tony Meyer

---