[Spambayes] RFE 774978

AVS cocles at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 2 13:40:31 CEST 2004

Please excuse me for emailing you guys directly.

In regards to RFE 774978 "Hide envelope icon when only spam received".

You site that this problem can not be fixed because "Outlook does not expose
the hooks that are necessary to cleanly do this".

My question is... Since you can not control outlook's systray notification
system, why not give SpamBayes it's own independent systray notification
system?

Users could then download SpamBayes, turn off Outlook's notification system,
and simply use the one integrated into the SpamBayes' add-in.

Is this not possible?

Thank you for your time, and I apologize again for emailing you directly.

Andrew