[Spambayes] bug - fixed report

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 8 19:48:20 CEST 2004

Kramer, Phillip wrote:
> I had some with SpamBayers on a windows 2K outlook 2K machine WITH
> ZIP MAGIC 4.
>
> on a hunch i
> disabled Zip Magic, un and reinstalled Spambayers and it worked.  i
> was then able to turn zip magic back on and both work fine.

Thanks for the report and confirmation of this issue.  Incompatibilities
with ZipMagic have been reported before, and should be fixed in the latest
source.  Future releases will use an extension other than .zip for the
SpamBayes library file so that it will not be recognized by ZipMagic.  See
the following bug reports:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=941639&group_id=617
02&atid=498103
and
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=986353&group_id=617
02&atid=498103

You can subscribe to the spambayes-announce list to receive notifications
when new versions of SpamBayes are available.

Kenny Pitt