[Spambayes] Exchange 2003 w/ Outlook 2003

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 10 22:55:53 CEST 2004

Faina, Mihail wrote:
> Do you need to disable Microsoft Junk Filter in order for SpamBayes
> to work in Outlook 2003? When I installed SpamBayes for Outlook 2003
> it showed "Junk E-mail" and "Junk Suspects" as default folders and it
> seems to me that this is a problem.

You shouldn't need to disable the filter, no.  "Junk E-mail" is the
recommended destination folder because it allows you to take advantage of
the extended context menu items on this folder in Outlook 2003 such as Empty
"Junk E-mail Folder".  I've been running for quite some time with SpamBayes
sending spam to that folder and have never had a problem.  I've tried it
both with and without the Outlook filter enabled, and it made no difference
except that Outlook would detect and move some messages before SpamBayes got
a chance to process them.

> I reinstalled SpamBayes with
> "Spam" and "Possible Spam" and set the MS Junk filter to "No
> Automatic filtering" and SpamBayes start working for me!

Before you reconfigured SpamBayes and disabled the Outlook filter, is it
possible that it was actually the Outlook filter that was moving your
messages to the Junk E-mail folder and not SpamBayes?

--
Kenny Pitt