[Spambayes] outlook hanging on startup, spambayes processes nothing

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 10 23:05:48 CEST 2004

Conlon, Joseph F SIK wrote:
> I saw the following in one of the log
> files....
>

> FAILED to add the toolbar item 'SpamBayesCommand.Manager' -
> (-2147352567, 'Exception occurred.', (0, None, None, None, 0,
> -2147467259), None) The above toolbar message is common - recreating
> the toolbar...
> SpamBayes - Disconnecting from Outlook
> SpamBayes has processed zero messages
> Addin terminating: 1 COM client and 2 COM servers exist.
>

> Perhaps the disconnecting message occurs at shutdown. At any rate,
> it's not working. What else can I check? Is there more info I can
> provide?

The FAILED message, as it says, is common, and is nothing to worry about.  I
get it on my system every time I start Outlook.  The disconnectin message is
also normal, and as you surmised it does occur at shutdown.

Could you provide the complete logfiles so that we can look for other things
that might be going wrong?

--
Kenny Pitt