[Spambayes] Outlook 2000 locks up filtering email

Tsombakos, John johnt at amileasing.com
Tue Sep 14 14:33:11 CEST 2004

Hello,

I have Spambays running in Outlook 2000, and just about every morning when I
come in to work, Spambays has locked up Outlooki. I have to force terminate
and restart to get it going. I'm connected to the corporate Exchange server
so have a Mailbox Inbox and  I have a set of personal folders that is set as
the delivery location. All email is transfered from my Mailbox Inbox to my
Personal folders Inbox. I also have a set of Inbox rules that further filter
my emails (mailing lists, etc.).

But almost every morning, Spambays has locked up Outlook. I have the filter
timers on; I've tried different settings, but it still locks up. I scanned
through the mailing list archive, but didn't see any reference to this
problem in the last few months.

Is anyone else using the same or similar configuration and has the magical
settings? I love spambays, as I get around 150-200 junk emails per day (and
have been keeping track for almost a year of the amount I've received - as
of this morning I'm up to almost 38000 spam emails!)

Thanks,

John T.

PS. I've looked in the log files and I do not see anything that would
indicate an error.