[Spambayes] XP Service Pack 2?

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 14 21:07:07 CEST 2004

Skip Montanaro wrote:
>     Mark> Please let me know if SpamBayes is compatible with the Microsoft
>     Mark> Windows XP Home Service Pack 2 update.
> Several SB developers use WinXP, so I suspect we'd have heard about
> it if there was a problem.  Why not try it on a test machine and
> report back?

I'm running with XP Service Pack 2 and have had no problems.  If you're
using the Outlook add-in then you shouldn't see any difference at all
because Outlook handles all network communications.

If you're using the POP3 proxy version then you'll need to unblock sb_tray,
sb_server, and/or sb_service depending on which variation you are running.
SP2 will prompt you when you first start SpamBayes, so you'll know write
away and can just select "unblock" when asked.

Kenny Pitt