[Spambayes] XP Service Pack 2?

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 14 21:07:07 CEST 2004

Skip Montanaro wrote:
>     Mark> Please let me know if SpamBayes is compatible with the Microsoft
>     Mark> Windows XP Home Service Pack 2 update.
>
> Several SB developers use WinXP, so I suspect we'd have heard about
> it if there was a problem.  Why not try it on a test machine and
> report back?

I'm running with XP Service Pack 2 and have had no problems.  If you're
using the Outlook add-in then you shouldn't see any difference at all
because Outlook handles all network communications.

If you're using the POP3 proxy version then you'll need to unblock sb_tray,
sb_server, and/or sb_service depending on which variation you are running.
SP2 will prompt you when you first start SpamBayes, so you'll know write
away and can just select "unblock" when asked.

--
Kenny Pitt