[Spambayes] When is the final NON RC version being released

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Sep 15 06:29:52 CEST 2004

> I suspect the main barrier is lack of time by the people who
> can build the Windows side of the distribution.

Since Mark & I are the defacto release managers for the moment, I suppose
this is the authoritive answer:

The 1.0 release is ready and complete (and is in fact no different to
1.0rc2) and can be released at any point.  In fact the source distributions
are already on sourceforge, although they are hidden (you can still download
them if you are clever enough).

All that we are awaiting is time from Mark to build the binary to go along
with these.  Sadly, we've been waiting a couple of months for this - I
gather that Mark is really, really busy at the moment.

I've been away for the last 3 weeks, but now that I'm back and it appears
that Mark still hasn't had the time, I'll put the binary together myself.
As this is the first time I'll be putting it together, I'll probably do a
very short 1.0rc3 (binary only) and get people to test that it works
(packaging only) and then unhide the 1.0 release.

For the moment, given that there are *no* changes from 1.0rc2, you might as
well use that.