[Spambayes] SB plug-in and Outlook 2003

Katz, Amir Amir_Katz at bmc.com
Wed Sep 15 14:02:38 CEST 2004

I've recently upgraded to Outlook 2003 (from OL 2000) and I encountered this
problem: at home, I start OL2003 in offline mode. At some point  I connect
to the Exchange server and perform the operation 'download Inbox headers'.
Once all headers are retrieved from the server, I mark them (all or some)
for download and connect again to the Exchange server. At this stage, the
full mails are downloaded. So far, so good, no change from OL2000 to OL2003.

However, at this point, with Outlook 2000, SpamBayes would kick in and start
filtering. In OL2003, nothing happens - all mails are sitting in the Inbox.
When I use the SB menu 'Filter Messages' and then 'Start filtering', only
then the messages are filtered.

What gives?

Amir