[Spambayes] Windows Service Shuts Down Always

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Sep 16 07:24:18 CEST 2004

[It doesn't appear that this messages to spambayes at python.org has been
answered yet - sorry about that! I've been away and so are catching up with
the messages. Please ignore if I'm wrong and this has been resolved
already.]

> The first time it was installed it worked flawlessly.  Later
> I ran the SpamBayes Tray Icon and then Exited from that.
>
> After that the Service had stopped.  And when I try to start it the
> service starts and then abruptly stops almost immediately.  I
> "removed" the service and reinstalled it with the same result - it
> stops after starting.
>
> Now I cannot get the Service to stay "started."  I can,
> however, still run the SpamBayes Tray Icon as a workaround.
>
> Please let me know how to fix the Service problem.

Could you run "python pop3proxy_service.py debug" (in the appropriate
directory) and let us know what the output is?  It ought to print out some
sort of error wherever it's choking.  (Alternatively, this error should also
be in the log file).

=Tony Meyer

---