[Spambayes] RE: Spambayes Digest, and my problems....

Liner, John jliner at harris.com
Thu Sep 16 18:50:10 CEST 2004

Allen,
Yeah, none of the functions worked. In the past, it sometimes took quite a long
time for spambayes to work, but recently it just seemed to cease altogether.  It
is possible I did not wait long enough.  I did not realize that it sometimes
took hours.

My Outlooks work per normal; no problems there.  I am not sharing the same
databases.  I let Spambayes learn on it's own on each machine.  The learning
process seemed to go quickly and as long as it was working I never really had a
problem with junk and spam.  I don't know, perhaps it was as you said-just takes
a long time to work and I misconstrued it as failure.

Anyway, I deleted it from my machines, and I re-installed it here at work.  I
will do the same at home, and see what happens.

The re-install here at work seems to be functioning OK now.  I guess this time
I'll pay closer attention to what's going on, and save my logs and examine them.

I did not think to look at the logs from the original.  I'll check on my home
machine and see if it is still there.  Tony, if it is, I'll send it to you.

thanks for the help and advice.  Please sign me up in your group(s).  It is a
great application and I'll continue using it.  Nothing else I've tried comes
close to spambayes efficiency.

It's interesting to me that Bays theories would have been created at a time when
there were no computers, much like Boolean Algebra.  I love this stuff.  wish I
had more time to delve deeper into it.  Oh well, maybe after I retire.
(Hopefully, soon!)

thanks, guys.  I'll keep an eye on it and let you know what happens over the
next few days.
John.