[Spambayes] Messages with high Spam %

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Sep 20 07:59:38 CEST 2004

> Are staying in the Inbox. According to the %
> they should be either in "Possible" or "Spam" folders.
> These folders do contain messages that were filtered
> as such so the filter works. Any ideas why?

It sounds like you're using the Outlook plug-in - if that's not correct,
please re-ask this, but let us know which SpamBayes application you're
using, which operating system & version, and what mail client.

If you're not using the most recent version of SpamBayes (1.0rc2 right now),
then it would be worth trying that to see if that helps.

What are you using to determine the score?  If it's the "show clues"
operation, then note that this is the score with the current database, not
the database when the message was filtered (so if any training has been done
afterwards, the score will change).

Are the messages being scored at all?  (If you are getting the score from
the score column, then they are).

Could you send us a copy of your most recent log file?  The troubleshooting
guide explains where to find those.

=Tony Meyer

---