[Spambayes] Re: Windows Service Shuts Down Always

blakemail at gmx.net "blakemail at gmx.net" at smtp.hispeed.ch
Mon Sep 20 17:27:03 CEST 2004

Hi Tony,

I've got exactly the same problem. I used the win binary installer
(1.0) and at first spambayes was running, according to the tray app. I
didn't try to access the configuration page though. I then installed
the service and it showed up in the list. I went on to change the
service to be run as 'me' (doesn't work as local system either). Since
then, whenever I try to start it, it terminates again, immediately.
That's the message in syslog (there's a bit of German in there I'm
afraid):

-----
The pop3proxy service failed with an unexpected error

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "pop3proxy_service.pyc", line 171, in ServerThread
   File "sb_server.pyc", line 892, in start
   File "sb_server.pyc", line 870, in main
   File "spambayes\ProxyUI.pyc", line 154, in __init__
   File "spambayes\UserInterface.pyc", line 269, in __init__
   File "spambayes\UserInterface.pyc", line 137, in __init__
   File "spambayes\UserInterface.pyc", line 255, in readUIResources
   File "spambayes\resources\__init__.pyc", line 30, in ?
   File "resourcepackage\package.pyc", line 100, in scan
WindowsError: [Errno 3] Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht
finden:
'C:\\apps\\SpamBayes\\lib\\spambayes.zip\\spambayes\\resources/*.*'
-----

I did find this very error in the mailing list archive, but it was
from Dec 03 and related to a test version of the installation binary.

Cheers, Lukas