[Spambayes] Problem

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Sep 20 23:54:36 CEST 2004

> We have always had two folders for SpamBayes:
> Junk Mail and Junk Suspects.  When I came in this
> morning, Junk Mail was gone.  I tried recreating it
> by just doing a new folder, but when I tried to delete
> a message via the "delete as spam" button on the
> toolbar it wouldn't recognize the folder I had created.

Please see FAQ 3.13:

<http://spambayes.org/faq.html#help-i-deleted-the-unsure-spam-folder>

Note that SpamBayes (like Outlook itself) doesn't refer to folders by name,
it uses special ids that Outlook assigns to folders.  So creating a new
folder with the same name and location won't work (there is debate about
changing this in future versions).

=Tony Meyer

---