[Spambayes] Re: Windows Service Shuts Down Always

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Sep 21 00:03:29 CEST 2004

> I've got exactly the same problem. I used the win binary installer
> (1.0)
[...]
> 'C:\\apps\\SpamBayes\\lib\\spambayes.zip\\spambayes\\resources/*.*'
> -----
>
> I did find this very error in the mailing list archive, but
> it was from Dec 03 and related to a test version of the
> installation binary.

Sorry, this is my fault.  I'm in the process of trying to get the 1.0
release out, and there was some odd trouble with sourceforge yesterday which
meant that I 'un-hid' the 1.0 release for a few hours.  You presumably
downloaded it during that time.  However, as you (and others) discovered,
there's still a problem (maybe two) with the 1.0 release.  This is a
packaging issue, though (and should be resolved later today).

Could you try with the 1.0rc2 release?

Again, apologies for this.

=Tony Meyer

---