[Spambayes] getting rid of the spambayes toolbar in outlook

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Sep 22 08:21:24 CEST 2004

> There is only one minor issue with Outlook (2k and XP).
> Hiding the Spambayes toolbar doesn't work. After restarting
> Outlook the toolbar reappears.

I suspect (although I am not 100%) that this is because the toolbar is being
recreated.  In your log, do you get one of these entries every time you
start up?

"""
FAILED to add the toolbar item 'SpamBayesCommand.Manager' - (-2147352567,
'Exception occurred.', (0, None, None, None, 0, -2147467259), None)
The above toolbar message is common - recreating the toolbar...
"""

I think if you didn't, then the problem wouldn't happen.  I can't be sure,
because I always get this error and a quick test just now indicated that it
won't stay hidden for me either.

If this is the case, you could open a bug report (I don't think there's an
open one) about this on sourceforge: <http://sf.net/projects/spambayes>,
indicating why the recreation is a problem.  For the moment, Mark's opinion
is that since we just silently recreate it, there's no harm, so no point
solving whatever causes this.

> So you allways have 2 toolbars at least though one is enough.

Is there anything wrong with having two toolbars?  I would think that the
DeleteAs/RecoverFrom buttons are used often enough that having to unhide a
toolbar to get to them would be less efficient.  You only lose about 5
pixels or so in space (for the little separator line), assuming that you put
it next to an existing toolbar.

=Tony Meyer

---