[Spambayes] Feature wish - check against address book

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Sep 22 08:23:54 CEST 2004

> thanks a lot for your feedback. Although I do not agree that
> this is of little worth (mails claiming to be sent by myself
> or friends falsely are typically removed by our server-based
> virus protection), I see the point that you will only
> implement what you guys yourselves see worthwhile. So I hope
> someone will pop up and do it...

I think one of the developers would probably implement this even without
wanting it personally just to stop all the requests for it, if it was a
simple problem.  There's a message from Mark linked from the FAQ that
outlines all the issues attached to this, about how it would be managed.
Because it's so complex, it would really take a lot of thought and work, and
so requires someone really passionate about it.

If you (now or later) have other ideas about good improvements, please do
send them along - even if we're not interested personally, if we can see the
value and it's not going to take a huge amount of time, then we'll probably
add it at some point.

=Tony Meyer

---