[SpamBayes] Thunderbird Extension?

Rick Friedman RickFriedman at vfemail.net
Wed Sep 22 23:03:20 CEST 2004

Actually, the integrated  Thunderbird junk mail filtering is modeled
after Spambayes. The chief Thunderbird developer, Scott MacGregor posted
this little tidbit on the forums at Mozillazine.org:

"We model / emulate ourselves after spambayes. We both use the same core
algorithm. They have a lot more tokenizer rules than we do."

So, the difference would seem to be the tokenizer rules.

Rick