[Spambayes] Anti-spam measures for the SpamBayes Wiki

Richie Hindle richie at entrian.com
Thu Sep 23 23:02:34 CEST 2004

Hello all,

Because the SpamBayes Wiki has been repeatedly defaced by spammers, it's
now necessary to create an account and log in before editing any content.
Hopefully the spammers are using automated tools that aren't bright enough
to create accounts.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this causes, but it's a quick and painless
process.

Many thanks to everyone who's been quietly keeping the Wiki spam-free,
especially Skip and Seth.

The latest version of MoinMoin has some anti-spam measures built-in, and
also makes it easier to revert malicious edits.  When I get the chance,
I'll upgrade to that version and we'll see whether relaxing this new
policy is possible (note to ThomasWaldmann if he's listening - thanks for
the heads-up!)

--
Richie Hindle
richie at entrian.com