[Spambayes] Spambayes / Outlook -- display/update error

Tom Elliott tselliott at Striglos.com
Fri Sep 24 19:13:41 CEST 2004

Hi,

On a few machines running Outlook 2000/2002 I've had a minor (but very
irritating) problem with Spambayes. It appears to be working fine, but
as it filters and moves mail to the correct folders, the folders don't
appear to update or reflect the new emails' arrival. In other words, say
a new email comes in and Spambayes correctly (or incorrectly) sorts it
into the Spam folder. The new/unread message count does not change or
increase to reflect the new email. However, if you would select that
folder you would see that there was new Spam there. This problem is not
limited to the Spam folder. It affects the unsure folder and even the
inbox. Sometimes there will be several new emails that have arrived, but
once again there is no indication of it. Even if you were currently
working in the folder, you would not see the new message. You would need
to select another folder and then return in order to see the new
messages.

I failed to mention that all of the affected clients are working with an
Exchange server. I haven't had the issue in non Exchange environments,
but that could just be a function of how proportionately few of them I
have Spambayes installed in.

Thank you,
Thomas Elliott

STRIGLOS COMPANIES INC.
Computer Center of Decatur
Striglos Office Equipment     Striglos Ink!
Haines & Essick Co.     Millikin Bookstore