[Spambayes] Moving Data_Directory

MacKnight, Scott scott at law.ucla.edu
Sat Sep 25 02:01:34 CEST 2004

I can't get the database to move even after trying at least 3 different
suggestions that I've found through this listserve and the built-in
configuration.html help file -- plus every other permutation that seemed
to make sense.  Can someone spot what I'm doing wrong here?

In my SpamBayes program file folder (C:\Program Files\SpamBayes) I put
the following files:
	default_bayes_database.db
	default_message_database.db
	Outlook.ini (untouched)
	default_configuration.ini (containing the two lines below)

		[General]
		data_directory: 'C:\Program Files\SpamBayes'

I tried these with/without the space and with/without the quotes but it
kept recreating new database files in my profile directory.  I also
tried this without any other such files in my profile directory
(C:\Documents and Settings\scottm\Application Data\SpamBayes).

Is my install just messed up?  I wouldn't care so much but my db is
already 5MB and my Roaming Profile is getting hammered.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Scott