[Spambayes] No problems for a long time until now!

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Sep 27 08:16:13 CEST 2004

> I received the following error when training from the
> web interface -
[...]
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/email/Header.py", line 67, in decode_header
>    if not ecre.search(header):
>
> RuntimeError: maximum recursion limit exceeded

This looks like a problem with a particular message (a really long encoded
string, or something like that?).  Does it just happen when you try and
train one message?

If so, then the easiest thing is to just ignore (discard) that message and
carry on.  Python 2.4 will handle errors like these with relative ease, so
it's not worth adding anything specific to SpamBayes in this case.

If it happens with any message, then something very strange is happening!

=Tony Meyer

---