[Spambayes] Sb_imapfilter.py crashing again

Joanthan Gilligan jonathan.gilligan at vanderbilt.edu
Tue Sep 28 17:47:35 CEST 2004

I'll be happy to help test out any fixes.

--On Monday, September 27, 2004 7:29 PM +1200 Tony Meyer
<tameyer at ihug.co.nz> wrote:

> [Christopher Woo]
>>>   File "c:\spambayes\scripts\sb_imapfilter.py", line 554, in Save
>>>     raise BadIMAPResponseError("Cannot find saved message", "")
>>> __main__.BadIMAPResponseError: The command 'Cannot find
>>> saved message'
>>> failed to  give an OK response.
>
> [Jonathan Gilligan]
>> I'm getting that crash all the time with sb_imapfilter. I
>> submitted a bug report to the bug tracker on SourceForge.
>> I would work on a solution, but I really don't know IMAP
>> well enough to understand the problem and I would be
>> worried that I'd only make things worse.
>
> Sorry I haven't managed to get to that before now (I was away overseas for
> most of the last month).  The new imapfilter script should be a lot better
> than the 1.0 one, but it does need much more testing & work before it's as
> stable.  (However, with the new script comes a set of unittests, so it
> should stay stable in future).
>
> In this particular case, what's happening is that the IMAP server is one
> that when you write a new message and then search for it, won't give up
> the response straight away (some do, some don't).  So it falls back to
> other code that's designed to wait until the server tells the script what
> the id of the new message is.  That code isn't working, though.
>
> I'm out of time today, but will try and have a look at this tomorrow.
> Since you vaguely mentioned that if you knew enough you'd fix it, I'll be
> sure to call on you for testing the fix ;)
>
> =Tony Meyer
>
> ---
> Please always include the list (spambayes at python.org) in your replies
> (reply-all), and please don't send me personal mail about SpamBayes. This
> way, you get everyone's help, and avoid a lack of replies when I'm busy.

Jonathan M. Gilligan
Senior Lecturer in Environmental Science and Public Policy
Department of Earth and Environmental Science            615-322-2420
VU Station B #351805                           Dept. Office: 322-2976
Vanderbilt University                                   Fax: 322-2138
Nashville TN 37235-1805              jonathan.gilligan at vanderbilt.edu