[Spambayes] Spambayes stopped working?

Ian Wigle iwigle at rogers.com
Wed Sep 29 01:40:58 CEST 2004

Thanks, Richie. I tried that, and got more information.

Although I couldn't tell whether Black Ice was blocking the port, I used the
"netstat -a" command to establish that port 8880, and also pop3 and smtp
were only open when  Spambayes was running. However, localhost:8880 is still
not found when I try to load the configuration page, or the home page.

So Spambayes can open 8880, but localhost:8880 isn't found by Explorer to
load the homepage.

Does this suggest anything to anyone?

I did the re-install of Spambayes. Are there any files that wouldn't be
overwritten during the reinstall, which could be still damaged? Perhaps I
should delete anything Spambayes might have installed, and re-install from
scratch?  I believe this is an interpreted file, rather than compiled when
run against Outlook express. Does this suggest uninstalling/re-installing
Python? Are there any network or TCP/IP settings I should be checking here?

Am I missing any obvious trouble-shooting steps?

Thanks all for any feedback.

Cheers,
Ian