[Spambayes] Query

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Sep 30 03:21:20 CEST 2004

> Can I import confirmed junk email ids from an
> excel file into SPAMBAYES to hasten the learning process ?

What is it that you are calling a "junk mail id"?  SpamBayes doesn't have
any concept of an "id" for messages, so whatever it is, it will be of no use
at all.

If you're referring to email addresses, this is known as
whitelisting/blacklisting, and there's a FAQ about it:

  http://spambayes.org/faq.html

In any case, you should get good results after training fewer than 10 ham
and 10 spam, so there isn't much need to hasten (if you get less mail than
that in a couple of days, you probably don't need SpamBayes at all).

=Tony Meyer

---