[Spambayes] Outlook problem

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Sep 30 05:30:00 CEST 2004

> When a particular project becomes a working job, I use
> Find to locate all the incoming or outgoing emails that
> relate to it. The Drag them across into a new folder
> titled with the project name. But since I installed Spambayes,
> I cannot Drag from a list of mail located by Find. I can
> drag from the normal Inbox, but that means manually checking every email.

This is a known bug, unfortunately, with an unknown solution.  The relevant
tracker is:

[ 785089 ] Can't move items from Advanced Find
<http://sf.net/tracker/?group_id=61702&atid=498103&func=detail&aid=785089>

> Why should this be, and is there a work-around?

Unfortunately, we don't know the answer to the former.  It's very strange,
because SpamBayes isn't involved in that move at all (the problems occurs
even with folders that SpamBayes knows nothing about).

What version of Outlook are you using?  The two confirmed cases of this are
with Outlook 2002 SP2, and I wonder if this is an Outlook bug that we are
running into (which might be fixed in other versions of Outlook).

To work around the problem, you can right-click the message(s) you want to
move, choose "Move to folder", and specify the folder that way.  Annoying, I
will admit, but I'm really not sure how to go about solving this bug.

=Tony Meyer

---