[Spambayes] Embedded Images

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Apr 6 02:41:38 CEST 2005

> I'm getting the same SPAM over and over (6 times so
> far), and the Outlook Plugin can't get a handle on it.
>  It has the same bitmap, plus a large paragraph from a
> news story.  Of course, the bitmap is slightly
> different (there is a random-looking line at the
> bottom that changes, plus slight color differences),
> and the paragraph text changes.
>
> Is there anything SPAMBytes can do about this?
>
> Does SPAMBytes consider the bitmap data as well?

No, images are ignored (image classification is not a simple problem).
Training on the message ought to work, though, since there should be enough
information in the headers to classify the message correctly.  Feel free to
select a misclassified message, choose "Show spam clues for this message"
from the SpamBayes menu, and send the spam clues message on to the list.  We
can explain what it means to you, and outline any problems that it might
indicate, and suggest possible ways to improve classification.

> Am I causing problems with other e-mail by training on
> the bogus paragraph?

Probably not.

=Tony.Meyer