[Spambayes] Spambayes 1.1a1 too many problems?

Michal Vitecek fuf at mageo.cz
Wed Apr 13 10:41:51 CEST 2005

Tim Peters wrote:
>[Dick H]
>> 3) Intermittently, I saw e-mail message headers with the following errors:
>> .  File "spambayes\message.pyc", line 452, in addSBHeaders
>> .  File "spambayes\message.pyc", line 401, in RememberClassification
>> .  File "spambayes\message.pyc", line 377, in modified
>> .  File "spambayes\message.pyc", line 181, in store_msg
>> .  File "shelve.pyc", line 130, in __setitem__
>> .  File "bsddb\__init__.pyc", line 218, in __setitem__
>> .DBRunRecoveryError: (-30978, 'DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error,
>> run database recovery -- PANIC: Invalid argument')
>
>This one means your database is corrupted.  Unfortunately, there's no
>cure for that short of retraining from scratch.

 there is a hackish patch #1177008 i submitted to sourceforge which
 allows to get rid of this problem by setting database type for
 messageinfo_db to none. thus there are no writes/reads from the
 database and it can't get corrupted. so far, i'm running this for a
 week and had no problem - sb_server.py is very stable.

--
		fuf		(fuf at mageo.cz)