[Spambayes] Spambayes 1.1a1 too many problems?

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Apr 14 04:15:26 CEST 2005

>> 2) Once all the training messages ended up in the cache
>> directories, it took ages to start the Spambayes server.
>
> I noticed it, too.

Ok, I'll look into this.

[ 1182671 ] When cache directories are full, 1.1a1 starts slowly
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1182671&group_id=6
1702&atid=498103>

>> 3) Intermittently, I saw e-mail message headers with the
>> following errors:
>>  .DBRunRecoveryError: (-30978, 'DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error,
>>  run database recovery -- PANIC: Invalid argument')
>
> I have the same problem, but it looks like despite it
> spambayes is working and training.

If it's the messageinfo database, then things might continue to work.  You
really ought to delete that database (the token one should be ok) though.

> Is there a method for save the database?

To make a backup, you mean?  Yes, just copy the file.  If you mean recover a
dead one, then no.

> And during receive process, spambayes eats up to 1.2GB memory.

I'll look into this, too.

[ 1182670 ] High memory consumption with sb_server when receiving mail
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1182670&group_id=6
1702&atid=498103>

Thanks for the report.

=Tony.Meyer