[Spambayes] Spambayes 1.1a1 too many problems?

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Apr 14 04:22:23 CEST 2005

>> 4) Error messages in the logfile like:
[...]
>> error: uncaptured python exception, closing channel
>> <spambayes.Dibbler._HTTPHandler connected at 0x98437b0>
>> (socket.error:(10053, 'Software caused connection abort')
>> [asynchat.pyc|handle_read|89] [asyncore.pyc|recv|343])
>> Almost immediately after this error, the Page File increased
>> to over 1.3GB!!! and my system slowly died.
[...]
>  i'm having the same problem and i submitted a bug #1178463
> to  sourceforge. i don't know what causes it - from the look
> of the error i  guess the problem is that sb_server cannot
> cope with socket which  wasn't closed cleanly and continues
> to operate on it.

It would really help if someone could add any extra information to the
tracker (at least the version number and whether it is with both binary and
source).  Otherwise it's just too time consuming to track this down.

[ 1178463 ] Bad file descriptior (http handler)
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=61702&atid=498103&func=detail&aid=
1178463>

=Tony.Meyer