[Spambayes] 1.1a1 IMAP Problems

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Apr 14 06:12:43 CEST 2005

>> No - sb_imapfilter should work with 2.2, 2.3, or 2.4.  It
>> doesn't load any dll's at all, Python takes care of that.  Is
>> something wrong with your Python install, perhaps?  What happens
>> if you open a command window and type "python"?  Does the error
>> appear then?
>
> It's possible something might be wrong with the install, but no,
> Python executes just fine on its own, with no errors.

Weird.  This is running the source sb_imapfilter.py, right, and not the new
binary sb_imapfilter.exe that's in 1.1a1?  (If it is the .exe, then it might
be (but shouldn't) trying to load python23.dll, and I can track that down.
Both the systems I tested it on have Python 2.3 installed, so it would have
found it if it looked for it).

>> What appeared in the imapfilter output?  Are these messages all
>> undeleted?
>
> Sorry to be so dense, but you lost me. Where do I look to check that?

Your mail client ought to tell you if the messages are "undeleted" (or,
rather, tell if which messages *are* deleted, leaving the rest as
"undeleted").  IMAP messages that are marked as /Deleted often have a (red)
line through them, or something like that.  It's possible that the mail
client automatically hides messages like that.  The filter will skip any of
those messages, but presumably the message counts you gave didn't include
any /Deleted messages.

If you're running the binary imapfilter (sb_imapfilter.exe), then (I realise
now) the output is lost - it ought to go into a log file, and will in 1.1a2
and later:

[ 1182703 ] sb_imapfilter binary should output to log
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1182703&group_id=6
1702&atid=498106>

If you're running from source (sb_imapfilter.py), then if you're running the
script with python.exe rather than pythonw.exe a console window should be
open while it's running and the output will appear in there.

=Tony.Meyer