[Spambayes] Discontinue spambayes e-mails

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Apr 19 02:58:49 CEST 2005

> After an unsuccessful attempt to get Spambayes to work for
> me, I signed up for the email exchanges concerning problems
> - and their solutions.
>
> However, I am now inundated with a stream of messages daily
> concerning various user problems and their solutions - none
> of which concern or interest me.
>
> Would you please deregister me from this service -

Unsubscribe options are included with every message sent to the list.  You
can unsubscribe via email or the web:

Instructions about how to do this would also have been in the initial
message you received when you joined the list.

> I have decided that if there are so many problems being reported
> that I would be much better off using another spam filtering program.

That's up to you, and if you've found something that works for you, that's
great.  However, this is a poor conclusion.  Did you *read* what people were
saying?  In the last few weeks the vast majority of messages have either
been user-error ("I deleted my spam folder"), feature requests, or reports
from people trying out the *alpha* release, which one would expect to be
problematic.

=Tony.Meyer