[Spambayes] Feature Request

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Apr 19 19:04:24 CEST 2005

    Michal>  this is true. however have you tried to teach spambayes that
    Michal>  some mails are ham with a largish ham/spam database? it's a
    Michal>  nuisance as spambayes must be taught many (and i mean **MANY**)
    Michal>  times until the token classifications change in favor of the
    Michal>  messages.

So trim your database from time-to-time.  There's no requirement that it
grow without bound.  I trim the oldest 10-20% of messages from both my ham
and spam collections at least every couple of months.  It has two nice
properties: mistakes eventually fall off the end and the database doesn't
grow without bound (with attendant performance implications).

Skip