ham,RE: [Spambayes] RE: Huge Log File - Over 13GB in Size

Curtiss Crossley Curtiss at donorsforum.org
Wed Apr 20 19:57:20 CEST 2005

Please remove me from this list.
Thank you

-----Original Message-----
From: spambayes-bounces at python.org [mailto:spambayes-bounces at python.org]
On Behalf Of Tony Meyer
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2005 7:25 PM
To: 'Mike Blonder'; spambayes at python.org
Subject: RE: ham,RE: [Spambayes] RE: Huge Log File - Over 13GB in Size

> Also, I am running SuSE Linux 9.1.  I originally opened the
> compressed application files in a subdiretory of /tmp.  For
> some reason (could be my mistake) the make install routine
> built the proxy directories into the root directory of the
> machine, which is precisely where I do not want them to be.

By make install I presume you mean setup.py install.  By default this
will
copy files into the Scripts and Lib/site-packages directories of your
Python
installation.  You can put them elsewhere by passing appropriate
commands to
distutils (setup.py install help), or you can leave them wherever you
want
(setup.py isn't doing any compiling or anything like that, just copying
files) and ensure that PYTHONPATH includes the directory containing the
spambayes package directory (the one with classifier.py in it).

> When I try moving the directories the application won't work.

Exact error messages help!

> Also, I have an external box with a quarter terabyte disk.
> Can I move the proxy directories over to that disk?

You can move any of the directories anywhere you like.  All paths can be
altered via either the main Configuration page or the Advanced
Configuration
page.  If a path is not fully specified (doesn't start with /) then it
will
be relative to the last configuration file loaded: for example, if a
path
was "spambayes/ham-cache" and the last config file was in ~, then the
path
would get expanded by SpamBayes to "~/spambayes/ham-cache", but if the
path
was "/tmp/ham-cache", then it would be left alone.

=Tony.Meyer

Spambayes at python.org