[Spambayes] Feature Request

Jesse Pelton jsp at PKC.com
Wed Apr 20 20:53:32 CEST 2005

Outlook rules and Thunderbird filters allow you to move messages to a
folder based on sender.  (In my version of Outlook, "Move messages from
someone to a folder" is the first of several rule templates listed in
the wizard that comes up when I start to create a new rule.)  They can
do a great deal more besides.  Both also allow you to move messages from
any sender in an address book to a folder, which seems like a simple and
useful form of whitelisting.  (Thunderbird also allows you to send
messages from senders not in your address book to a folder, but I
couldn't find a way to do this with Outlook.)

Note that this information is based on quick experimentation with each
program.  Since SpamBayes does a great job of classifying my mail, I've
never taken the trouble to set up any rules or filters.

I can't speak for any other mail clients, but I imagine that you're
correct in believing that they must have similar capabilities to be
competitive.