[Spambayes] Question

Jesse Pelton jsp at PKC.com
Wed Aug 3 17:22:44 CEST 2005

I'll take a stab at this, but others may have better ideas (especially
since I haven't tested either of my proposals).

First, I assume he's using the Outlook plugin, and that his machine (and
Outlook) will be running while he's away.

If this is the case, I think you have a couple of options.  SpamBayes
allows you to enable or disable background filtering.  The intent is to
allow Outlook rules to run before SpamBayes processes messages.  Since
you want the opposite behavior, you could try turning background
filtering off.  It's configured using the Advanced tab on the SpamBayes
Manager.  I think this is a hit-or-miss approach, however, and may not
work reliably.

The other approach would be to download SpamBayes 1.1a1, which allows
you to specify a destination folder for ham.  You'd configure SpamBayes
to move ham from the inbox to some other folder, then use an Outlook
rule to forward messages that arrive in that folder.