[Spambayes] won't load

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Aug 10 02:35:45 CEST 2005

>>> My advice is to find a way to write the software and the
>>> instructions so folks don't have to understand technical jargon.
>>
>> We have a way to do that.  It's called user contribution <0.1 wink>.
>> See FAQ 4.15:

<http://spambayes.org/faq.html#i-m-not-a-programmer-but-want-to-help-out-wha
t-can-i-do>

> .....can't/WON'T contribute to your development needs without
> basic usability on my end.  If you need R&D money, you need
> to go find it.  I am a regular contributor to products that work.

I think you missed the point.  No-one at SpamBayes is asking for your money.
In fact, even if you donate to the project, the money goes to the Python
Software Foundation, not to SpamBayes (we don't even know if you do it; it
adds no incentive at all).

Open-source projects like SpamBayes work by volunteer contribution.  If you
want something improved, then you can either wait for someone else to do it,
or contribute yourself.  Improvements to documentation obviously require no
programming skills at all, so the entry barrier is low.

FWIW, SpamBayes *does* work.  It's easy enough to find testimonials from
people that verify that (none of which are on our website; we don't care
about marketing, but Google will find them for you).

Again, if you are having trouble setting SpamBayes up, then you are welcome
to ask for help.  If you ask specific questions, you will get specific
answers.  If you don't want to bother, then you get a full refund <wink> and
can use some other product.

=Tony.Meyer