[Spambayes] Outlook express + spambayes

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Aug 10 02:43:47 CEST 2005

> There is no "Local Settings" file under Docs and /settings/username.

This is a hidden folder by default.  The troubleshooting guide explains how
to get to it:

"""
Note that by default, in Windows 2000 and XP, Windows Explorer will not show
the Local Settings directory. You can convince Windows Explorer to show this
directory (and therefore allow you to see the Temp directory under it) by
doing either:

    * Select the folder \Documents and Settings\{username}.

      This directory should be reflected in the Address Bar.
    * In the Address Bar, simply type, at the end, \Local Settings (thereby
giving the full path name), and press Enter.

      Windows Explorer will then show this folder, and you can open the Temp
folder, which is in it.

or

    * Select Folder Options from the Tools menu.
    * Select the View tab.
    * In the list, select Show hidden files and folders.
    * Select OK.
    *

      The temp folder will now be visible, and you can then open it. You may
like to then reset this option back to the default value.
"""

> When I click on the icon, it says no untrained messages.

The most likely cause of this is that you haven't set Outlook Express to
connect to SpamBayes.  Did you definitely go into the Properties for the
mail account in OE (Tools->Accounts), go to the "Incoming" tab and change
the server name to "localhost" (no quotes)?

=Tony.Meyer