[Spambayes] Spambayes plugin defeats screen saver?

David Rueter drueter at assyst.com
Wed Aug 10 09:54:20 CEST 2005

First, SpamBayes is great!  It's by far the best tool for classifying spam
that I have used.

The only odd behavior I have noticed is that when Outlook is running with
the SpamBayes plugin filtering mail, the Windows screensaver never gets
activated.

I've confirmed this behavior on a second machine:  if Outlook (with
SpamBayes) is running, the screen saver never gets activated.  If Outlook is
not running, the screen saver gets activated as normal.

The exception is if the console is locked:  in that case the screen saver
does get activated even while Outlook (with SpamBayes) is running.

I'm running SpamBayes Outlook Addin Binary Version 1.0.4, Outlook 2003 SP1,
Windows XP Pro SP2, all current updates applied.

Outlook is set up to check (and SpamBayes to filter) messages for 3 IMAP
accounts.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Any suggestions on how I can to resolve?

David Rueter

drueter at assyst.com